Are you like me? Sometimes, I feel my prayers are bouncing off the ceiling and falling back into my lap, not reaching God’s ears for whatever reason … or other such scenarios? Well, when we step back and look at the benefits of waiting on answers to our prayers they are overwhelming to say the least. I found some undated notes that I will share with you. Not sure where I got them … I am forever taking notes and have learned to “try” and date them as dates are an inclination of where I am on life’s journey.
Remember, what God does “in us” while we wait is usually far more important than the thing we are waiting for … that’s why waiting is the way to go!
1) Great Time saver -It can save a lifetime of energy … 2 Peter 3:8-9 ‘But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.’
2) How Do We Wait on God?
- Seek God – God rewards those who seek him out through word, song, people, way, heart, etc. He can see around corners, wait for his guidance.
(Hebrew 11:1) – Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
- Silence – God is my hope, don’t way a word, silent, meditation, moment … wait on God and he makes up for the time you spent waiting. Prayer sharpens our “axe.”
(Psalm 62:5-6 MSG) – God, the one and only— I’ll wait as long as he says. Everything I hope for comes from him, so why not? He’s solid rock under my feet, breathing room for my soul, An impregnable castle: I’m set for life.
- Surrender – God, what is there for me to do that’s good in your sight as I wait?
(Isaiah 40:31 GNT) – But those who trust in the Lord for help will find their strength renewed. They will rise on wings like eagles; they will run and not get weary; they will walk and not grow weak.
3) Don’t force God’s hand … read about Abraham who died without seeing some of his promises fulfill due to disobedience. Or how about Rebecca or Jacob?
Dear Lord, may our SOUL wait only on you. Teach us how to wait. Help us to trust and believe. By your grace Lord, we will wait…Amen.
P.S. Bless the Buford family as they mourn the loss of their loved one, Johnny C., and others who are experiencing loss, Father.
We ask for healing and send out spoken and unspoken prayer requests because we know you alone will answer us, in your own time, and we thank you.
GAP – God Answers Prayers
What are you living for today? Willing to die for? I’m living and working to make it to … Heaven!
What about you? Yes, you can make it. Do not let anyone fool you into you thinking you can’t including and especially yourself…
Bebe and Cece Winans
Now that it’s over
There’s no more use for guns and war
Cost me a lifetime
Just to gain this life’s reward
They say streets of gold
Can you imagine somewhere
Where life will never end
No one ever grows old
Oh, my brother please
Come with me
It’s what I live for
A place where love will never cease
Willing to die for
Heaven is where I want to be
There are instructions
We must follow to a tee
In order to reach there
And there is where I’ve got to be
No more nights
There is a place
Where there’ll be no more crying
He is the light
Counting the days
When we meet in that place
Fast Wednesday’s Survey Past Due (Last Call) … not to late to submit your survey. Call me directly and I’ll take info over the phone if needed. 239-368-9145
- Please rate on a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being less and 10 most, how helpful these posts are you in terms of encouragement.
- Though I have not often shared guest bloggers, is this something you would like to see more often.
- How do you prefer to receive this information? Facebook, Word Press, email or other?
- The normal layout is a Theme with relevant A. Scripture, B. Song and C. Prayer. Does this work? Any other Suggestions?
- I am asking for your commitment. If you would be kind enough to send me your name and your favorite scripture, I will track it and pray for you in 2017. If you don’t have one just send me your name. We can work on that. If you have a Jewish or Muslim friend you may also include something from your sacred book(s).
Love, Joy and Peace,
Debra J. Ellis
Reminder AND/OR for those of you just joining us either by contacting me or I personally added you: The purpose of Fast Wednesdays is to draw near to God on this specific day of the week fasting and praying in whatever manner the Holy Spirit is leading you as sisters in Christ…some have fasted from social media, coffee, or observed a traditional fast with no eating from sunrise to sunset with only liquids for the day, no deserts, etc. I know many of us for various reasons participate every week but in different manners. This has still been beneficial and the sisterhood continues to grow!
The key ingredient is that we are doing this together as sisters, of all ages, in the Lord both chronologically and spiritually in accordance to: A God-Filled Life Titus 2:3-5 “Guide older women into lives of reverence so they end up as neither gossips nor drunks, but models of goodness. By looking at them, the younger women will know how to love their husbands and children, be virtuous and pure, keep a good house, be good wives. We don’t want anyone looking down on God’s Message because of their behavior.”
Note: Please share Fast Wednesdays with your friends and/or send me names to add to the distribution list. For now, I will post in three places: email (firstname.lastname@example.org), Facebook (Debra Fuller Ellis) and blog https://fastwednesdays.wordpress.com