Honored to have Nicole Shermaine Fuller bless us today on the subject topic…thank GOD for blessing her heart to be a blessing!
· Christians who observe a Lenten fast are both honoring and reenacting Jesus’ forty-day fast in the desert. At the end of those 40 days, Satan came to tempt Jesus–and the Gospel of Luke suggests that Jesus was able to withstand the Devil’s temptations not despite (of), but in part (of), but, because, (of) his fasting. His fast made Him stronger.
· We should “Take On” a Lenten discipline, such as daily prayer, or loving thy neighbor, instead of or in addition to giving something up.
· Scripture: Job 42:3-6
· Ash -to- Easter;
o Divine Therapy (=Peace) – ‘A time to RE-new the course of actions within our LIFE’. An analysis of Spiritual, Emotional, Mental and Physical LIFE form.
Divine: di·vine – adjective.
1. of or pertaining to a god, especially the Supreme Being.
2. addressed, appropriated, or devoted to God or a god; religious; sacred: divine worship.
3. proceeding from God or a god: divine laws.
4. godlike; characteristic of or befitting a deity: divine magnanimity.
5. heavenly; celestial: the divine kingdom.
Therapy: ther·a·py – noun.
1. the treatment of disease or disorders, as by some remedial, rehabilitating, or curative process: speech therapy.
2. a curative power or quality.
4. any act, hobby, task, program, etc., that relieves tension.
o Strength & Endurance (=Grace & Mercy)
o Reflection+Light (=Luminosity)
· Song: Harvey Watkins, Jr; Grateful
1 – Speak Lord, for thy servant heareth
2 – Grant me ears to hear and eyes to see,
3 – A will to obey and a heart to love;
4 – Then declare what thou wilt,
5 – Reveal what Thou wilt,
6 – Command what thou wilt,
7 – Demand what thou wilt.
Adapted from Christina Georgina Rossetti (1830-1894)
My Definition of Love:
Philippians 2:2 (Amplified) : ‘Fill up and complete my joy by living in harmony and being of the same mind and one in purpose, having the same love, being in full accord and of one harmonious mind and intention.’
Solomon 7:9 (Amplified): 9 And your kisses like the best wine—[then the Shulammite interrupted] that goes down smoothly and sweetly for my beloved [shepherd, kisses] gliding over his lips while he sleeps!
Love, Joy and Peace,
Debra J. Ellis
Reminder AND/OR for those of you just joining us either by contacting me or I personally added you: The purpose of Fast Wednesdays is to draw near to God on this specific day of the week fasting and praying in whatever manner the Holy Spirit is leading you as sisters in Christ…some have fasted from social media, coffee, or observed a traditional fast with no eating from sunrise to sunset with only liquids for the day, no deserts, etc. I know many of us for various reasons participate every week but in different manners. This has still been beneficial and the sisterhood continues to grow!
The key ingredient is that we are doing this together as sisters, of all ages, in the Lord both chronologically and spiritually in accordance to: A God-Filled Life Titus 2:3-5 “Guide older women into lives of reverence so they end up as neither gossips nor drunks, but models of goodness. By looking at them, the younger women will know how to love their husbands and children, be virtuous and pure, keep a good house, be good wives. We don’t want anyone looking down on God’s Message because of their behavior.” Note: Please share Fast Wednesdays with your friends and/or send me names to add to the distribution list. For now, I will post in three places: email (email@example.com), Facebook (Debra Fuller Ellis) and blog.